Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Resources
This Page is a work in progress, Please check back for updates....
Vanessa Siddle Walker
Segregation-era black educators set the groundwork for an equitable and aspirational education system for all. How can we get back to their vision?
Educators have an obligation to confront the harm of racism, says one social-emotional learning expert. She shares five steps educators can take to teach for an antiracist future.
Baruti Kafele provides attendees with strategies for maintaining leadership effectiveness during what will likely be the greatest challenge that they will ever encounter in their leadership careers.
Educators need to ensure that students of color see themselves as part of the picture, says the renowned psychologist and author.
Students experiencing racism can't wait for schools to move at their own pace and comfort level.
Matthew R. Kay
A founding father's short-sided views on race challenges educators to consider how black people are reflected in curricula.
Students live in a world wrestling with injustice. By designing social-emotional learning experiences that question and confront inequity, educators give students the skills to navigate (and ultimately change) an unjust world.
Articles from Educational Leadership Magazine
- Confronting Inequity / The Trauma We Don't See by Dena Simmons (May 2020)
- The Power of Protocols for Equity by Zaretta Hammond (April 2020)
- Turn & Talk / Cosby Hunt on Helping Students Speak Truth (April 2020)
- Confronting Inequity / Who Has the Privilege to Be Empowered? by Dena Simmons (March 2020)
- Seven Ways to Make High School "Suck" Less by Gabriel "Asheru" Benn (March 2020)
- Taking Back Baltimore Through the Arts by Sia Kyriakakos (December 2018/January 2019)
- Confronting Inequity / Where Are All the Black Teachers? by Matthew R. Kay (October 2019)
- The Anti-Racist Educator by Tracey A. Benson and Sarah E. Fiarman (September 2019)
- Welcoming Black Families: What Schools Can Learn from Churches by Yvette Latunde (September 2017)
Separate and Still Unequal: Race in America's Schools / April 2019
- Avoiding Racial Equity Detours by Paul Gorski
- Robin DiAngelo on Educators' "White Fragility" by Sarah McKibben
- Widening the Lens: A Conversation with Beverly Daniel Tatum by Anthony Rebora
- What Black Educators Built by Vanessa Siddle Walker
- Why School Integration Matters by Pedro A. Noguera
- Issue Table of Contents