NJAIS Professional Development Committee (PDC)
PROMOTE NJAIS PROGRAMS AND SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES
- Regular attendance at meetings (participation at every meeting is not expected, however, making valuable contributions in other ways is encouraged)
- Contributing ideas, planning future programs
- Exploring opportunities to partner with NJAIS
- If you school is planning an in-service day, or another professional development event on your campus, partnering with NJAIS promotes the event globally, and will give other schools an opportunity that they were likely looking for (many schools plan similar professional development programs for their faculty and staff). Learn more about hosting an NJAIS event
- Providing support in planning (If you are the host school, this includes coordination with food service, room reservation, arranging technical requirements, etc).
- Providing support by attending NJAIS events, and volunteering to help at larger events including (not limited to) the NJAIS Biennial Conference, Trustee Enrichment Day, the NJAIS Innovation Symposium, etc.
- Be an NJAIS advocate/liaison at your school by (not limited to):
- Advertising the NJAIS professional development calendar at your back-to-school meetings (Please ask in advance to be placed on the meeting agenda. You will only need a few minutes. NJAIS will provide you with a calendar of events for the current year).
- Promoting NJAIS professional development and accreditation (visiting team) opportunities whenever appropriate/possible (email, administrative meetings, faculty meetings, social media, etc.)
- Posting events in faculty/staff lounge areas:
- Printing a copy of the NJAIS event calendar from the website, or share any materials provided by NJAIS
The NJAIS Professional Development Committee 2017-18
Being a member of the PDC is a wonderful professional development opportunity. Service on the NJAIS PDC is annual, by academic year. If you are interested in joining the PDC, or to learn more, please contact Rachel Folan, Director of Professional Development, email@example.com.