As you are reviewing your school calendar for the 2018-19 academic year, please note that NJAIS will have two conferences, replacing the traditional Biennial model.
The first is Monday, October 22, 2018, at Far Hills Country Day School on the theme “Don’t Worry, Be Happy! Promoting Emotional Health and Wellness in Our Schools."
In preparation for our October 22 event, we are looking for presenter proposals that can cover the following topics:
- Policies and practices around vaping and substance use
- Discipline policies that encourage character development
- Social media
- Teacher Support
- Wellness curriculum
- K - 5 Curriculum
- Managing tense conversations and conflict
- Learning issues and emotional health
- Managing loss in a school community
- Building Empathy
- Managing stress (student and faculty)
- Other areas that fit into the conference theme
To submit a proposal, please use this form and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, suggestions, or feedback.
We would like proposals by Friday, June 29, 2018.
The second conference is Friday, April 26, 2019, at The Pingry School, and is an Equity, Justice, and Inclusion conference (with catchy title pending). Both conferences are intended for faculty and administrators.
Stay tuned for more information on this.