PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING FOR MEMBERSHIP
1. The prospective school submits the membership application form, a $750 application fee, and provides the supplementary data requested. Upon completion of this form, please send membership application fee to: NJAIS, Carole Everett, Executive Director, NJAIS, 78 Washington Street, Morristown, NJ 07960
2. The Executive Director and a member of the NJAIS Membership Committee will make a site visit to the school ( to include meetings with the Head of School, a few Trustees, some administrators, a few faculty members, a few parents, and some students, as well as a tour of the facility).
3. Upon completion of the visit, a report will be given to the full Membership Committee, which, in turn, will make a recommendation to the NJAIS Board of Trustees.
4. The NJAIS Executive Director will notify the prospective school of the decision of the NJAIS Board of Trustees.
NJAIS MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA
A Candidate Member School
- Demonstrates the ability to meet all NJAIS major standards with the aim of becoming an accredited member.
- If a school is NOT accredited at the time of the membership application, it has up to three years to initiate the accreditation process. Until the school is accredited, it is potentially admitted to NJAIS as a "provisional member."
- NJAIS schools are all nonprofit, holding a 501(c)3 IRS designation.
NJAIS charges annual membership dues to all its member schools. Dues are based on the size of the school. Please ask the Executive Director for specific information.