The New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS) promotes and supports educational, ethical, and professional excellence in its member schools, while safeguarding their independence and fostering courageous change.
NJAIS fulfills its mission by:
- Administering a comprehensive standards-based accreditation program that inspires deep reflection and continuous school improvement.
- Providing purposeful and responsive professional development experiences and leadership opportunities for teachers, administrators, staff, and trustees.
- Building collegial relationships, facilitating the exchange of ideas, and forecasting changes to the independent school landscape.
- Representing the interests of member schools at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Promoting the public understanding of and respect for NJAIS schools.
- Striving to bring a compelling and compassionate voice to statewide, national, and global conversations about education and advocating for the continued improvement of learning environments for all students, both in NJAIS schools and in the wider community.