NJAIS Professional Development
- Annual Trustee Enrichment Day for members of the Board of Trustees at schools, and other administrators.
- Leadership Institute (offered biennially) that helps train teachers and administrators for further leadership roles in independent schools.
- Day-long workshops, each with a focus on current trends and research in varied educational topics.
- Round tables that provide for an extended conversation around specific topics.
- Formal leadership roles for teachers through service as the school’s NJAIS representative to the Professional Development Committee.
- Updated and ever-changing resources on the NJAIS website that include recommended reading, articles, handouts, and links to additional professional information.
- Annual institute dedicated to Instructional Skills (for new and experienced teachers and administrators) held each August at The Pingry School.
- Annual conferences dedicated to:
- Heads of School
- Admissions Officers
- Development/Advancement Officers
- Division Leaders
- Finance Officers
- Opportunities to serve on accreditation visiting teams.
- A career center with job listings on the NJAIS website.
- Invitation to provide feedback to NJAIS regarding the learning needs of those in member schools.
- Consultations with NJAIS staff members.
- Opportunity to provide feedback related to the professional growth needs at the school.
- Active listservs for affinity groups that provide a forum for professional exchange of information.
- Newly developed programs established annually.
NJAIS OPPORTUNITIES TO PRESENT
NJAIS collaborates with many independent school professionals each year to offer a variety of events. We are grateful to have worked with so many who have made valuable contributions to our programs.
We encourage those who are interested in presenting to a group of peers to submit a program proposal. Please know that when one NJAIS member school strives to implement a new initiative (i.e. develop a new program, build a new facility, improve a certain area of curriculum, etc.), another NJAIS school has likely achieved success with a similar initiative. Sharing information and knowledge with other schools strenthens the message and value of an independent school education. Presenting at an NJAIS program promotes an important global message to parents looking to enroll their children, while simultaneously providing the presenter with invaluable professional development experiences.
Looking to do an in-service day for your faculy? Collaborating with NJAIS, and sharing this opportunity with other schools provides our community with the professional development experiences sought by so many of our academic and non-academic professionals.
Do you know of a professional speaker or presenter who you would like to bring to your school? Please contact the Director of Professional Development, Blair Talcott Orloff at email@example.com. We encourage and welcome all suggestions for future programs.
In addition to the above, other benefits of NJAIS programs include:
- Advertising to a broad audience of both member and non-member schools
- Registration managment, program organization, logistics (including meals and accommodations) arranged by an NJAIS Steering Committee, and financially covered by the organization
- Providing the host-school an opportunity for others to experience the campus and facilities